Skype-A-Thon – where learning has no borders
To participate in the Skypeathon, teachers can Play Mystery Skype, Talk with a Guest Speaker, or take a Virtual Field Trip.
Getting Started with Mystery Skype:
Mystery Skype is the global guessing game that gets kids learning about geography, culture, and the similarities and differences of how children live all over the world. To play you need to follow three simple steps.
- Find a classroom to play with.
- Prepare your class.
- See Mystery Skype in action.
Click here to learn more about Mystery Skype.
Getting Started with Guest Speakers:
Find hundreds of volunteer guest speakers from around the world on a wide variety of subjects. Here is how you can start.
- Find a guest Speaker. You can search here: by subject and age group to arrange a time with volunteer guest speaker that is best suited for you and your class.
See how these Guest Speakers inspire literacy as kids go straight to the source and talk to authors in their classroom.
- Become a Guest Speaker: Becoming a Guest Speaker allows you to share your unique perspective with classrooms around the world. Click here to learn more on how to become a guest speaker.
Getting Started with Virtual Field Trips:
Take your students on an adventure without leaving the classroom. All you need to do is:
- Find a Virtual Field Trip. Click here to search by subject and age group as well as arrange a time to take your class on an adventure.
- See a Virtual Field Trip In Action
See how this Virtual Field Trip helped transport local students to a world deep beneath the sea.
- Host a Virtual Field Trip:
What is the best part about school? The Field Trips!
Now classes can go for Virtual Field Trips all around the world, travelling thousands of miles without leaving the classroom. If you have something to share we’d love you to join this forward-facing community and inspire classrooms across the world.
Click Here to learn how you can help take classrooms on a virtual adventure.